UW Armory and Gym, Madison (IMG_0700)Keith Dotson Photography
Black and white photograph of University of Wisconsin's Armory and Gymnasium, in Madison, Wisconsin. Better known as the old red gym, the structure was designed in the Romanesque revival style resembling a red brick castle. It was originally used as a combination gymnasium and armory beginning in 1894. It may seem odd to combine a gym with an armory, but it was funded after the Chicago Haymarket Riot in a time of labor unrest, when cities were building militias to put down worker strikes and protests.
Archival Pigment Print on Baryta Surface Fine Art Paper:
- Museum quality, heavy-weight, white fine art paper
- Baryta coated with a surface similar to traditional darkroom prints
- Acid-free and lignin-free
- Very best archival quality, tonal contrast, and surface beauty
- Includes white border for easier framing
- Signed in the white space below the bottom right corner of the print
- Comes to you carefully packaged, without frame or top mat
- Ships in approximately 7-10 business days
- Free shipping inside the US
Alternative papers may be available.
Outside the U.S., contact us to arrange a purchase.