Tree Branches - Tea-Toned Real Cyanotype PrintKeith Dotson Photography
This is a unique one-of-a-kind handmade tea-toned cyanotype print of the spread branches of a beautiful big tree, printed on textured ivory watercolor paper, handmade and printed by the artist.
Signed in pencil on verso
7 inches wide x 5 inches tall
Print only - not matted, mounted, or framed
Cyanotypes are often referred to as an "alternative process," but they are actually an antique historic process. Cyanotypes are a form of contact print, which means they are printed from a negative that is the same size as the final print. The negative is sandwiched against the sensitized paper under glass, and exposed to UV light (traditionally the sun). The exposed paper is then washed in water until fully developed.
The toning is achieved by bleaching the blue from the print with washing soda, then soaking the paper in a bath of strong black tea, which stains the iron oxides in the cyanotype brown.
- Real tea-toned chemical cyanotype on textured ivory watercolor paper (not an inkjet color print)
- Image size is 7 inches x 5 inches
- Signed in pencil on the back of the print
- Sold without frame, mat, or mount
- Comes to you carefully packaged
- Ships in 3-5 business days
- Free shipping inside the US
- NOTE: The actual color of the tones and paper color may vary slightly from the photograph, due to screen color profile variations. We've done our best to give an accurate representation of the print.
Learn more about cyanotypes here. (Opens in a new window).