Rooster Portrait -- A Real Cyanotype Print Toned with Black CoffeeKeith Dotson Photography
This is a unique, one-of-a-kind, handmade cyanotype photographic print of a bold farmyard rooster. The paper was hand-coated and sun-printed on high-quality Arches cold-press watercolor paper. It comes with extra margin and the brushed background exposed, just as shown, but this can easily be trimmed off, or covered with a top mat for framing.
Cyanotypes are normally blue, but this one has been chemically toned using a bath of strong black Maxwell House coffee, giving it a brownish tone.
- Signed in pencil on the back
- 7.875 inches square (image area)
- Print only - not matted, mounted, or framed (photos of framed art are for illustration purposes only)
Cyanotypes are often referred to as an "alternative process," but they are actually an antique historic process. Cyanotypes are a form of contact print, which means they are printed from a negative that is the same size as the final print. The negative is sandwiched against the sensitized paper under glass, and exposed to UV light (traditionally the sun). The exposed paper is then washed in water until fully developed.
- Real toned chemical cyanotype on textured ivory watercolor paper (not an inkjet color print)
- Toned with black coffee
- Actual image area size is 7.875 inches square
- Signed in pencil on the back of the print
- Sold without frame, mat, or mount (photos of framed art are for illustration purposes only)
- Comes to you carefully packaged
- Ships in 3-5 business days
- Free shipping inside the US
NOTE: The actual color of the tones and paper color may vary slightly from the photograph, due to screen color profile variations. We've done our best to give an accurate representation of the print.